Thursday, October 13, 2011

Something had to give....

I kept telling Rob that Claire was too good. Something had to give. And it did. Two and a half weeks into Claire's life we got a call. The Stake President wanted to meet with us. Rob was called as the Second Counselor in the Bishopric. I knew she was good for a reason! So we now sit with Bishop Humphrey's family because Ella and Brooke are in love with Lizzie (their daughter) who watches them while I take care of Claire. I think Brooke and Ella like this arrangement just fine! I have to worry about them having too much fun now instead of getting bored:) I must say this has been a growing experience for us all. The love we have for the ward members has grown and I am TRYING to be less selfish about my "Rob time".

Dee and Bonnie were able to come up a week later so that Dee could ordain Rob as a high priest. What a beautiful moment!!! I love my in-laws and the example they are and I love my dear husband for always striving to meet his potential. This was also the first time Claire got to meet her Grandma and Grandpa Child. They fell in love with her immediately (how could you not!??) and were amazed that she was such a good baby.

That same weekend was very special as well because it was Brooke's third birthday!!! Bonnie was just in time to help decorate while Rob and Dee took Brooke and Ella out on a Montana adventure! We did a "Tangled" theme and it was adorable!! I made all the girls "Rapunzel hair" and the boys got blow up swords. We had "Tangled" banners, Rapunzel's hair hanging outside the door and a tower cake. The kids colored "Tangled" pages and played "Pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider's nose". We also made Pasquel party blowers. Most of the time the boys ran outside and chased with their swords. I must apologize for the lack of pictures. Men just don't have the same idea as to what to take photos of as women....

Dee and Bonnie left after church on Sunday....but not before Dee got Claire's FIRST SMILE!!! She was loving on him like she recognized him and I really think she did. Her personality is most like her Grandpa Child's and she seems to have a special connection with him.

A few days later Ella had an Ugly Duckling performance at the Daly Mansion. This was my first time seeing it in person and she was hilarious. It looked like she was more interested in the audience than she was of dancing! I loved it! All I can say is that three is definitely busier than two...

No comments: